Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to Stephen!



Happy Birthday to Stephen!

Yes, if you look closely that is an actual real bug inside that lollipop he is licking! (well it is dead....at least it was not moving)

Sarah got those on her Wartburg Spring band trip last spring.  She gave one to each of her brothers.  Stephen was the only brave one to try it.  So, ....did he eat the Bug?  No.  When the bug became exposed, he stopped licking the lollipop.  But he was braver than his other whimpy brothers who didn't even open the wrappers to their lollipops!

Believe it or not Sarah found those gems at the Amana Colonies.

Stephen is all excited, he did pick out his breakfast cereal, even though he does not eat cereal.  It was Apple Jacks (good choice)

for a cake he chose Chocolate

for icing it was Chocolate

for his first choice of ice cream it was Chocolate

for his second choice of ice cream it was Chocolate  (you get to choose two ice creams)

I think he likes chocolate.

We will celebrate his birthday sometime in the evening.

posted by: Randy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randy, just seeing if this comment thing works. Your sister Marcy :)

Anonymous said...

Ok Randy I think this worked. I don't know why you should care when everyone has their birthdays and so forth...it seems to me that your family never celebrates on the day of the actual event. Although seeing your blog perhaps Stephen will actually get to celebrate his 9th birthday on October 7th his actual birthday! :)I mean you could just have all your birthdays and anniversaries and have like a breakfast party and everyone could byoc (bring your own cereal)!!! Well I went to Faraway tonight and I am up to using 2 carts to check out and 3 to get out to the car. I think I need to make more trips to Farway more often or Farway needs to get the extra large carts like Hy-Vee has. So you know you have a big family when everytime you go to the grocery store the check-out person asks if you are having company aka what is the deal with all the groceries. I had a pleasant high school girl tonight who just checked me out and didn't make small talk. She was probably just trying to get it done as it was 10 minutes to closing when I checked out. Ok that is my blog to you Randy keep on truckin' :) Your anonymous sister Marcy