Well,..a big thanks to Sarah for helping me set up this blog site I am trying a new and additional way of staying connected to each other. It will not replace the telephone or a visit, but a way to try and remain connected.
It seems that our lives are getting so very busy. Just the simple act of trying to remember to pick up the phone and call can be distracted by another task that requires immediate attention, and before you know it you run out of daylight to make the call, or the other distraction caused you to forget to make the call. I am hoping by setting up this blog it will be a way to keep our family members up-to-date on what we have been doing and the little "going-ons" that is occurring with our family. Feel free to post quick comment to any blog entry that you feel moved to comment on. Like I said it will be another way of staying connected. So when we do remember to call or even visit we can talk right where we left off on what we posted on our blog site. I know just making a phone call can be time consuming and if reading our blogs will help you stay better connected that is my goal for setting up this blog. The last thing I want to do at a family reunion or a visit is to be forced to say or hear someone say "Boy,! It has been a long time since I have seen you. What have you been doing for the last 15 years?" With this blog we can try to keep everyone up-to-date with what we are doing.
Also with our children off at college they can read the home blog to see what it going on each day, just as I enjoy reading their blogs.
As time goes on and we get comfortable blogging we will post pictures and things. It will not just be me writing the blogs, but Caroline Matthew, Daniel, Philomena or Stephen may post with Sarah and Mary adding guest blog posts. The blogger will identify themselves who is writing the blog. We will also link to Sarah's, Mary's, and Matthew's blog site posts , but somehow Sarah said she can also add a post to this blog as a remote blogger(which we added to the settings) I have not figured out just how that works yet, but Sarah may have to demonstrate by showing how that is done.
Mary is also a remote blogger to this blog
that is all for now
Randy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment