Thursday, September 24, 2009

The usual birthday salutations and more

Happy Birthday wishes go out to

Joseph

and to

Donna

May you enjoy your special day with lots of cake and ice cream and plenty of presents

Schoolwork is getting to be the norm around here, the big goal this year is to keep them motivated about school and learning. That is the challenge we are working on

A couple weeks ago I took Philomena and Stephen to the County Conservation Center and we chased monarch butterflies and tagged them. it was a lot of fun and we did some other things at the Center while we were there.




Stephen is excited about a book he has found, it is called "Don't Touch That! the book of gross, poisonous, and downright icky plants and critters" by Jeff Day M. D. Stephen is making sure I know all that is in the book, because he is reading it to me every chance he can get. He reads a couple pages in the morning and then in the evening. We have learned everything from poison ivy to bee stings and now we into gross bugs. We are half way through the book.

Philomena is having me find Waldo, White Beard and the scroll. We have been to places where many Waldo's have been before. I sure wish Waldo, White Beard and the scroll would be a lot bigger. I do get lucky and find them first some times

Daniel is going on a weekend camp out with the scouts this weekend. They are going to a State Park and do some fishing. It should be a fun time. They are getting the food tonight for the camp out. Daniel is taking wood shop and metal shop this year. Daniel now has his school permit so he drives to school every morning to catch the van that takes the students to Garner for Shop.
I finish Class #3 of my masters program this weekend. It was about measuring outcome performance. 7 more classes to go and I will be finished.

We have not celebrated Caroline's birthday yet, or our anniversary, I am not quite sure when we will get around doing that.
Sarah is getting a cat, and I don't think she liked the suggested names I offered up for it. It is a male cat which is going to be neutered rather quickly when she gets it. So here is the big question? Does it really matter to give the cat a masculine name if it is neutered?
Mary is back at Central and finding out that she needs to slow down on the number of text messages she is sending out. She has unlimited minutes to talk, but texting seems to be the way to go. I believe she is in the Steel pans band again this year.
Matthew checks in once in a while. Now, we have received suggestion from others parents whose children also fail to phone home on a regular basis. These parents have provided us with some successful techniques they have used in the past that are very effective. I do like the idea of shutting off their phone, that one ranked high on every one's top 10 list.
We finally got some rain up here this week. We have been dry for 24 days. You had to be careful driving, because of all the oil build-up on the roads it was slick as ice when the roads were wet.

Everybody have a good weekend

Posted by Randy
College kids do not forget to call home!





2 comments:

Sarah said...

You forgot to mention how Stephen threw up all over the floor after you came back from Lime Creek. It was gross.

And just because my cat will be neutered does not mean it will no longer have the chromosome that determines gender. And no, I do not want to name my cat "Road Pancake." It is not going to even set one paw outside ever.

And I do call home, all the time!

What are you getting me for my birthday? :-)

Clear Lake Schnoebelens said...

I thought I would leave the supplemental reports to the comment section.

I thought "Roadie" would make a great name for your cat.

you are a fine caller homer, no problems there.

I am not sure yet on your present. I was contemplating a road trip, but there are conflicts on your special day.

love Dad